The International Science Initiative in the Russian Arctic (ISIRA) is a Russian and international cooperative initiative to assist Arctic science and sustainable development in the Russian Arctic.
ISIRA´s objectives include:
- Initiating planning of multinational research programs that address specific key problems in the Russian Arctic;
- Providing a forum for linking on-going or planned bilateral projects;
- Facilitating improved scientific access to the Russian Arctic;
- Advising on funding and implementation of projects.
The Activities include:
- Reporting on international science activities and initiatives in the Russian Arctic;
- Providing up-to-date information on policies, regulations and logistics within the Russian Arctic;
- Supporting Russian and international early career scientists.
- Comprehensive national inventories of past, ongoing and planned international and bilateral science projects and initiatives in the Russian Arctic;
- Reports of annual ISIRA meetings, including presentations of IASC supported early career scientists;
- Information on scientific access to the Russian.
ISIRA website: http://www.isira.ru/